Chateau de Saint Dau – un lieu de confluence
Welcome to Chateau de Saint Dau. Our stunning castle is built on a beautiful and ancient site with a long and diverse history as a meeting place, ‘un lieu de confluence’ spanning more than 2000 years.
The Chateau de Saint Dau is an estate of 21 Hectares ( 50 acres ) with immediate proximity to the vibrant town of Figeac in the SW of France ( Midi Pyrenees region). Perhaps the best endorsement of the region is that it is the choice of discerning French families who move here from all over France
The estate includes the Chateau building with 2000 plus years of history going back to Roman occupation in 64 BC; a modest Roman arch in the foundations of the Chateau attest to a humble beginning as part of a Roman oppidum or military camp. Springs in the hill above the Chateau and a commanding view of the Cele river valley explain the choice for this location.
Chateau de Saint Dau is a welcoming place to stay, a place to relax, a place to enjoy the wonderful cuisine the area has to offer. There are … self contained apartments within the chateau and two cottages on the estate offering modern, comfortable accommodation at a reasonable cost.
Guests are welcome to join in with our convivial Chateau dinners offering delicious local food and wines and excellent company.
What is envisaged is detailed in the following pages but in brief every possible facility is intended from pools , spa and infra red sauna to communal space for musical and artistic events and commercial meeting space currently missing from the Figeac area.
The essence of this project proposal is making participation affordable for a group of investors strictly limited to 20; this group will be rewarded with a return on investment and access to an enviable lifestyle on an estate without parallel. We invite and welcome your involvement.
The process of development firstly involves raising the 30, 000 euros needed to complete studies of every kind required to add certainty , substance and precision to what is intended here. Studies will include archeological, engineering and architectural as well as accurate simulations and artistic impressions of what will be created . Precise costings and quotations will add certainty and precision to what will be achieved to deliver a return on investment, all costings and revenue projections will be cross checked by expert accountants and a full dossier of information will be available to intending investors by Spring 2017 at latest.
The 30,000 referred to above will be raised by subscription of 10 lots of E3000 or 20 lots of E 1500 or any combination thereof until the full amount is realised.
Those subscribing these amounts will receive:-
- Two weeks accommodation for four people in one of the two luxury cottages already existing (E3000 subscription)
- One weeks accommodation for four people (E 1500 subscription)
- A luxury pack on arrival with the best of the regional produce from Foie gras to Champagne , artisanal chocolates and preserves made on the estate .
- Earliest access to the investment dossier ,( E60,000 worth of detailed documentation) but only if requested and with no obligation whatsoever to continue any involvement.
- First right of refusal on the opportunity to be one of the new twenty investor/ owners ( but again with no obligation whatsoever , limited to the first twenty subscribers expressing interest in investment)).
- Tickets to any of the regional cultural/ musical/ artistic events coinciding with a stay in either of the cottages.
- ‘Access all areas’on the site and unlimited time to discuss the project with the existing owner gerant and / or other experts associated with the project.
A complete list of the documents making up the dossier is included as appendix (i)
- 35 suites comprising master suites of 65m2 and junior suites of 45m2, suites created to a 4.5 star standard and including 2 bathrooms spa, ensuite for master and one spa bathroom for junior suites. All suites with a bar and kitchenette plus living/ dining space, TV surround sound Wi Fi etc..
- Highly secure underground parking for 20 vehicles with access to private cellar and storage space for owner investors.
- Spa facility with infra red sauna, solarium and Jacuzzi plus massage facilities.
- Wellness centre with gym and beauty facilities featuring …… and other products plus expert advice.
- A plunge pool and Finnish hot tub plus a 25 m pool for more serious swimmers with a waterfall and beach side facility for children.
- Communal space for up to 250 people in a theatre format, subdividible into more intimate seminar spaces for groups of 20 to 50. Equipped with theatre lighting and top quality sound systems plus lighting appropriate to function as an art gallery.
- Out door terrace, café and bar facilities plus lawn areas for up to 400 people for public events such as weddings , two separate kiosque/ rotundas for musical and live performances ( lawn and existing terrace areas)
- A practice golf range plus simulation facilities (subject to demand.)